Prof.Somsak Varakamin, M.D., Dr.PH.
President of Medical Consultant
- Doctor of Public Health (Dr.PH.), Tulane University, USA.
- Master of Public Health (M.PH.), Tulane University, USA.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University.
- Master of Public Health (M.PH.), Mahidol University.
- Faculty of Law, Thammasart University.
- High School : Vajiravudh College, Amnuay Silpa School, Triam Udom Suksa School, Wattanasil Wittayalai School.
Work Experience :
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Public Health.
- Director of National Family Planning Program, Ministry of Public Health.
- Director-General of Department of Medical Sciences.
- Director-General of Department of Health.
- Member of Parliament, 2nd session.
- Adviser to the Minister, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Gen. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh).
- Adviser to the Minister, Ministry of Interior (Gen. Chavalit Yongchaiyudh).
Titles and Awards :
- The First Thailand testing certificate Grade 8, Science Session.
- Outstanding Alumnus, Tulane University, USA.
- Distinguished Researcher Award from National Research Council of Thailand.
- Honorary Doctorate Degree in medicine, Chulalongkorn University.
- Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant.
- Honored with “Sangeun Award” for Outstanding Publicist from Public Relations Society of Thailand.
- Hall of Frame, Ministry of Public Health.
- A Brief Look at Thailand’s National Family Planning Program
- health Problems in Thailand
- The Concept and Scope of Family Health
- Interaction between Family Planning and Health
- The postpartum Approach of family planning
- Follow – up Study of Vasectomy Case Performed by Physicians and Paramedic
- Model of Integrated Family Health and Family Planning Services for Rural Areas
- Pilot Study on the Training of Nurses for Postpartum Female Sterilization
- Pilot Study on the Training of Paramedics for mail Sterilization
- Abortion Study: Attitude of Medical Student and Physician Toward Abortion
- A Pilot Project to prevent Uncompleted Abortion Through Contraception Services
- A Report of the seminar on Recent Research on family Planning in Thailand
- Postpartum Tubal Ligation by Nurse- Midwives in Thailand : A file Trial Thailand
- Perception and Acceptability of Norplant Implants in Thailand
- Book: Water for Life ( in Thai)
- Book: Enzyme: The Key of Life (in Thai)
- Book: Food of The future (in Thai)
- Book: The Magic Magnesium (in Thai)
- Book: Beauty Secret ; The untold Story (in Thai)
- Book: Omega-3 Amazing Fish Oil (in Thai)
- Book: King of Herbs (in Thai)
- Book: Stem cell ; Hope for the Hopeless (in Thai)
- Book: Beta Glucan ; The World's Most Powerful Immune Booster Known to Man (in Thai)
- Book : Pomegranate (in Thai)
- Book : Jiaogulan (in Thai)